Are You Looking For a Cosmetology School in Ohio?
Find Accredited Beauty Schools in Ohio
When considering cosmetology classes, the choice of schools can seem overwhelming. While it may seem convenient to choose the most convenient school, there are other factors to consider. The National Accrediting Commission of Cosmetology Arts and Sciences (NACCAS) is an organization that is committed to establishing cosmetology schools with the appropriate education and curriculum requirements. Accredited schools have must meet specific qualifications in order to receive their status. These components include educational goals, institutional and student evaluation, curriculum coursework, program choices, proven financial responsibility, adequate space for instruction, licensed staff members and instructors, student support services and an office of admissions with appropriate administrative procedures.
Get hands-on training with Remington College. We offer diploma and associate and bachelor's degree programs in business, criminal justice, culinary arts, health care, and cosmetology at our campuses in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Hawaii, Louisiana, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Texas — plus some courses are offered online.
- AS in Cosmetology
Accredited cosmetology schools offer financial aid. Employers often look to see if potential employees have been trained in accredited and certified schools when reviewing a resume. Certification is certainly necessary to finding gainful employment, but an accredited school can help a student gain a superior advantage over the competition. When seeking out the various options for cosmetology degrees, a student should also consider other credentials that the school has such as the associations that the school is affiliated with such as the American Association of Cosmetology Schools (AACS). There are additional agencies that may offer a school accreditation, but the NACCAS is the most highly recognized. An entire list of accredited private and technical schools can be found on the Ohio State Board of Cosmetology website.
Job Demand for Cosmetologists in Ohio
Within the last two decades, the NACCAS has created many research studies in reference to careers in cosmetology and potential earnings in Ohio. One study gave conclusive evidence that the job market is wide open for cosmetologists as 73% of salons reported that they were unable to hire their applicants due to insufficient training. Ohio is one of the top employment states for makeup artists. Jobs in cosmetology will be on the rise with an expected increase by 14% by the year 2020 adding approximately 98,400 jobs nationally.
Cosmetology and Beautician Salary Ranges in Ohio
NACCAS surveys have shown that Ohio cosmetologists earn approximately $35,000 annually on average. However, these numbers vary dependent on the salon’s level of prestige, location and demographics. Ohio makeup artists are also among the highest earners in the field of Cosmetology. Beauty Salons, barbers and cosmetologists fall within the medium income nationally among manicurists, pedicurists, estheticians and skin care specialist.
List of Top Beauty and Cosmetology Programs in Ohio
The following is a list of the top ranked Cosmetology schools:
- Ashtabula County Joint Vocational School located in Jefferson
- O C Collins Career Center Chesapeake
- Community Services Division-Alliance City
- Carousel Beauty College located in Dayton
- Carousel of Miami Valley Beauty College located in Huber Heights
- Dayton Barber College located in Miamisburg
- Ehove Career Center located in Milan
- Lorain County Community College located in Elyria
- Medina County Career Center
- Moler Hollywood Beauty Academy located in Cincinnati
- Toledo Public Schools Adult & Continuing Education
- Ohio State School of Cosmetology & Experts Barber School located in Columbus
- Raphael’s School of Beauty Culture-Niles, Alliance, Brunswick and Boardman
- Knox County Career Center located in Mount Vernon
- Madison Adult Career Center located in Mansfield
- Warren County Career Center located in Lebanon
- Lorain County Joint Vocational School District located in Oberlin
- Miami-Jacobs Career College-Springboro
- Cincinnati Academy A Paul Mitchell Partner School
- The Ohio Academy Paul Mitchell Partner School-Cleveland & Columbus
You may want also to check the following Cosmetology Schools: