Michigan residents have a plethora of vocational opportunities to select from, and those that find themselves interested in cosmetology can access a panoply of resources to realize their career goals. If you have given serious thought to pursuing a career in the cosmetology sector, you should note that attaining information regarding cosmetology schools and the various classes, programs, degrees, training, and certification they offer is immensely important. To get a foundational understanding regarding how to find the right cosmetology school in the state of Michigan, read the information found in the subsequent paragraphs.
Find Accredited Beauty Schools in Michigan
You can find other options through our sponsored listings below!
median earnings per week than workers with only a high school diploma.*
As you may have guessed, locating an accredited beauty school in the state of Michigan will be an important and foundational step in the process of your career development. Although there are a variety of ways that you can find the perfect school, you may find it particularly easy to simply conduct an internet search. To do so, enter a relevant key phrase such as “Locate Accredited Cosmetology Learning Institutions In Michigan” into the search field. After this, the search engine will display several results pages from which you can select the school that is most advantageous for you. Once you begin perusing the results pages, remember that there are several factors you should keep in mind when deciding which school would be most appropriate for you. Some factors to consider include the length of the educational program, cost of attendance, physical location, and faculty.
Job Demand for Cosmetologists in Michigan
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics indicates that job demand for cosmetologists is expected to increase at a rate of 14% over the course of the next ten years.
Cosmetology and Beautician Salary Ranges in Michigan
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reports an average annual income of $24,090 for Michigan residents. At the same time, manicurists and/or pedicurists can earn an average of $24,500 annually. Make-up artists can bring in $52,490, and barbers can earn about $21,000.
List of Top Beauty and Cosmetology Programs in Michigan
There are several beauty and cosmetology programs in Michigan that you can select from to get your cosmetology career off to a great start. Some learning institutions to consider attending include:
- Douglas J Aveda Institute Ann Arbor, MI
- Gallery College of Beauty Clinton Township, MI
- The Salon Academy Coldwater, MI
- Douglas J Aveda Institute East Lansing, MI
- Regency Beauty Institute Flint, MI
- Douglas J Aveda Institute Grand Rapids, MI
- Regency Beauty Institute Grand Rapids, MI
- Empire Beauty School Grand Rapids East Grand Rapids East, MI
- Empire Beauty School Grand Rapids Walker Grand Rapids Walker , MI
- Tulip City Beauty College Holland, MI
- Regency Beauty Institute Lansing, MI
- Empire Beauty School Portage Kalamazoo, MI
- Twin City Beauty College Saint Joseph, MI
- Regency Beauty Institute Detroit Lakeside Shelby Township, MI
- Traverse City Beauty College Traverse City, MI
- Michigan College of Beauty A Pivot Point Career Center Troy, MI
- Marketti Academy of Cosmetology Waterford, MI
You may want also to check the following Cosmetology Schools: