Cosmetology Schools in Dallas
Have you ever fantasized about working in a prestigious beauty salon while you put your talent to work and helped others feel beautiful and better about themselves? Is so, a career in the cosmetology field might be the perfect fit. Here is some information on cosmetology schools in Dallas, what it takes to become a cosmetologist and info on working in Dallas.
Find Accredited Beauty Schools in Dallas
Get hands-on training with Remington College. We offer diploma and associate and bachelor's degree programs in business, criminal justice, culinary arts, health care, and cosmetology at our campuses in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Hawaii, Louisiana, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Texas — plus some courses are offered online.
- AS in Cosmetology
Our mission is YOUR SUCCESS!
When you succeed, we succeed. That is why we provide high-quality, specialized career preparation for all our students. Our goal is to help you find your rewarding career.
Our Mission Statement:
To provide high-quality, specialized career preparation or enhancement to meet and cope with technological changes resulting in employment and career success.
- Cosmetology, Certificate
According to Texas law, anyone working as cosmetologists, estheticians or nail technicians must be licensed through the Texas State Board of Cosmetology. To get a cosmetology license or practitioner certification, you must complete an approved or licensed training program and pass the state’s cosmetology exam. It’s important the school is accredited or approved by the state because it acts as a prerequisite for the certification exam. The training must also meet the state’s requirements for training hours. Cosmetology and barber programs must be 1,500 hours; nail technician programs must be 600 hours, and esthetician programs must be 750 hours. To become a cosmetology instructor, you must have a cosmetology license and at least 750 hours or one year of work experience. Cosmetologists must complete four hours of continuing education every two years to have their licenses renewed.
Job Demand for Cosmetologists in Dallas
The job demand for the cosmetology field is very good. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reported that cosmetologist, hairdressers and hair stylists would see a thirteen percent growth in employment from 2012-2022 while skincare specialists would experience a forty percent growth. Texas ranks fifth in the nation in terms of employment level for cosmetologists and first in the nation for employment level for skincare specialist, according to the BLS.
Cosmetology and Beauty Salary Ranges in Dallas
Cosmetology salaries vary throughout the city depending on the area of specialty. According to an August 2014 report by Indeed.com, cosmetologists in Dallas earned an annual average wage of $39,000. These wages are two percent higher than the earnings by cosmetologists across the nation. Some factors that can affect the cosmetologist’s earnings are location, years of experience, tips and clientele.
List of Top Beauty and Cosmetology Programs in Dallas
According to the National Center for Education Statistics, there more than five beauty and cosmetology schools in Dallas or within a 10-mile radius of downtown Dallas. These programs may offer certificates of completion, diplomas or degrees. They also provide a curriculum that meets the state’s requirements for training hours. Here is a list of some of the schools in Dallas and the type of program they offer.
- Cosmetology certificate– 12 months – Neilson Beauty College – Dallas, TX
- Cosmetology instructor certificate – 7 months – Neilson Beauty College – Dallas, TX
- Cosmetology program – 11-18 months (full- or part-time) Ogle School – Hair, Skin, Nails – Dallas, TX
- Esthetician program – 6 -11 months (full- or part-time) Ogle School – Hair, Skin, Nails – Dallas, TX
- Cosmetology diploma – 47-63 weeks (full- or part-time) – Tint School of Makeup and Cosmetology – Dallas, TX
- Esthetics diploma – 24 weeks – Tint School of Makeup and Cosmetology – Dallas, TX
- Manicurist diploma – 19 weeks – Tint School of Makeup and Cosmetology – Dallas, TX
- Cosmetology program – 1,500 hours – MJ’s Beauty Academy, Inc. – Dallas, TX
- Barber stylist program – 1,500 hours – Dallas Barber & Stylist – Dallas, TX
You may want also to check the following Cosmetology Schools:
- Cosmetology Schools in Jacksonville
- Cosmetology Schools in Baltimore
- Cosmetology Schools in Las Vegas